Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hi, my name is Colin and I am the new Cameron Toll Chaplain. I took over from Nicola in November and will be working alongside my fellow chaplain, Rosemary.
I have worked in retail for most of my professional life, working as a member of management for HMV for 5 years and eventually owning my own fair trade clothing and craft store in Edinburgh.
I attend Barclay Viewforth, Church of Scotland in Tollcross and play right-back for the football team in the East of Scotland Churches Football League. My other main hobby is playing guitar and I am currently taking lessons in folk guitar.

With my retail experience I am very familiar with the stresses and strains of retail. The long hours, the list of tasks ‘as long as your arm’, and the challenging financial targets that must be met, all the while keeping a smile on your face to ensure your shop is a welcoming place for customers. It’s not an easy job. I hope that during my time as chaplain I can be of some help to the people who face these challenges day to day. It’s also been wonderful to meet the customers that use the shopping centre and I’m looking forward to getting to know lots of you on my weekly visits.

Don’t forget that the chaplaincy is for everyone that works in or uses the shopping centre. Rosemary and I can be reached by phone on 0795 221 0185 just leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

All the best,

Colin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment